Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wale - The Break Up Song Video + Review



Hip-Hop artist, Wale, has released the video to his single, The Break Up Song, off of his latest mixtape, More About Nothing.

The actress(name unknown), only spoke for a minute or two, and yet I felt she did a horrible job. Sometimes good looks isn't everything! Talent was definitely needed! (;

Overall, I loved the entire video! I especially love the storytelling that went along with the video. Amazing voice for narrative! I also loved the "expectation/reality" shots which brought emphasis to the heartache. & of course, I loved the fashion that went into this...Wale has definitely become a fashion icon to young Hip-Hop lovers and I must say, I too have become a fan!

The story is told through a young male, who is in college(Wale), and falls in love with a beautiful young woman. Displaying their issues through the "expectation/reality" shots I mentioned before. There is a break in the video that shows Wale telling his friends of his heartache, soon to be made fun of by them. Wale's love interest breaks up with him through a text and moves on very quickly.

Loved the video, love Wale, love Hip-Hop! One of my fave's!

No comments: