Monday, February 14, 2011

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Returns To WWE


YES! Ladies & gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for HAS arrived...
THE ROCK HAS RETURNED!

If you were alive during the late 90's - early 2000's & did NOT know who The Rock was, you were seriously living under one! One of the country's most popular celebrities at the time and definitely wrestling's most craved & missed star, The Rock is here to stay! Taking a break from wrestling to explore other options, The Rock made acting his second home. Appearing in The Mummy Returns as the Scorpion King to soon land his own film, The Scorpion King. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has starred in films such as Gridiron Gang, The Game Plan, and Get Smart.

Fans of the WWE have been waiting for the announcement of who the host of Wrestlemania XXVII would be. Guesses were made, an excerpt showing a woman coming out of a limo threw us off, but long behold when the lights cut off, The Rock came to light the arena in Anaheim, CA back up!

Thanking the fans & reassuring all that he has returned & will never leave. Still funny & entertaining as ever, The Rock announced that he is back, will be at Wrestlemania XXVII and wants a match against John Cena. Watch below...





Going into further detail of tonight's announcement...

On why he returned now: "Because I felt the time was right to so something special. Not only can I feed my own need and desire to perform. More importantly than that, do something special for you WWE fans. "

On what he missed about WWE: "The thing I've missed most is the indescribible moment that was tonight. The culmination of the fans, their energy, my energy, my desire to entertain them and their endless desire to be entertained. "

On his goals for WrestleMania 27: "My goal is to create an incredible show. The guys have prepared for this night all year and they are going to put on incredible wrestling matches and I am there to not only support their matches but work with the great WWE production team and put on an electrifying show. That means I will be backstage and in the ring creating unforgettable and iconic WrestleMania moments. "

On his favorite WrestleMania memories: "My favorite WrestleMania matches of all time were Icon vs. Icon in Toronto vs. Hulk Hogan and vs. Steve Austin in the Houston Astrodome. Both of those matches will go down as two of most memorable. I had the honor of working with two titans of WWE. "

On John Cena: "John Cena said a variety of things that came across my desk which at first I thought was interesting and then I felt was laughable because the comments really didn't make any sense to me. To be clear, not that they ever make me mad. I just thought the comments were an interesting choice of things to say. "

On Social Media: " The platforms of social media are fantastic. I started facebook seven months ago and I started twitter tonight. The facebook platform is one I'm very proud of because it has been inspiring, funny, entertaining and motivating. What I'm most proud of is that anyone can come to the page and not only read my posts but read posts from people all over the world and that's a really cool thing."

Interview via 24wrestling.com


No comments: