Friday, January 28, 2011

How'd You Get Here?

Well, if you didn't know...I am a HUGE fan of BET's TV series "The Game" and this past Tuesday, the 25th, a new episode aired, "The Wing King". Throughout the episode, we learn that Melanie is the new president of the Sun Beams. She puts together an event to guide disadvantaged and misleaded young women. Seeing that she is a doctor, although she doesn't work, Melanie stresses the fact that she should be the director of the project. Putting Jazz, another wife of the San Diego Sabers, down for trying to participate in the event but not having the appropriate profession. Jazz is a professional dancer that has been featured in hip-hop videos.

The day of the event arrives and the young girls blatantly show their boredom in Melanie's speech. One girl recognizes Jazz from her latest video and with that, Jazz takes the spotlight. While signing autographs, Melanie calls Jazz over and says...

Melanie: What the hell do you think you’re doing?

Jazz: I believe it’s called stuntin’

Melanie: No what it’s called is misleading these girls down the wrong path.

Jazz: Excuse me?

Melanie: Yeah, today was suppose to be about uplifting these girls and setting an example for them but instead you have been running around here thinking it’s okay to sleep with everyone and shake their ass in music videos.

Jazz: Sleep around, wait, is this about Derwin? Is he still talking about me? That is so cute.

Melanie: What?! No, this has nothing to do with Derwin. It’s about you convincing these girls there’s some future in them objectifying themselves.

Jazz: Well, that’s weird because it seems that my future is almost identical to yours. You married a football player, I married a football player. You’re a Sunbeam, I’m a Sunbeam. At the end of the day, I’m sitting at the same table as you. Actually no, not true. I’m sitting at the autograph table unlike you.

Melanie: Excuse me?

Jazz: And you call yourself a role model? You’re nothing but a fake ass, insecure, wannabe doctor, who enjoys bringing down other women to build yourself up. And I tell you what…my background may be a little skanky but I’m a skank that keeps it 100. Now if you excuse me, little skitzo is waiting. *walks away*

Melanie: Can you believe her?

Tasha: Mmm Hmm. I love it that broad got heart.

Melanie: Tasha, how could you say that?

Tasha: Oh, come on. Come on Melanie, you know you had that coming…the way you’ve been treating her. You lucky she didn’t didn’t whoop yo ass a long time ago because if she had asked me, I probably would’ve helped her too.

Melanie: What? How could you defend her, she practically slept her way into the Sunbeams.

Tasha: Okay, don’t make me remind you of your freaky little tendencies Mrs. Trey Wiggs/Hop In the Bed With Malik/Jerome. You ain’t nobody saint, okay. At the end of the day we all got here the same way….either giving up the cooch or pushing somebody up out the cooch. So you remember that the next time you go judging somebody.


Tasha Mack is certainly a realist! My all-time favorite line is italicized above. Certain women just can't make it alone and get caught up in love too often. Melanie is certified to be a doctor and yet, is tied up in the life of a football wife! Become yourselves young women; it is now 2011 and depending on a man was soooo 1999!

quote via Necole Bitchie

No comments: